Author Topic: Little Brother Wants To Get Into Airsoft  (Read 1120 times)

Offline CBackus

• Gunslinger
Little Brother Wants To Get Into Airsoft
« on: June 11, 2013, 04:18:46 PM »
He has a budget of up to $150. He was looking at this: http://www.evike.com/product_info.php?products_id=41217. Any suggestions? Any other products? He doesn't want a full length M16 or AK, and I already suggested the Combat Machine, he said that it's a maybe.

Thanks!
Nemo me impune lacessit

Offline cpbermes

• Fodder II
Re: Little Brother Wants To Get Into Airsoft
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2013, 11:21:21 PM »
I don't know much about that brand, but he'd probably be better off saving up another hundred bucks and getting this http://www.evike.com/product_info.php?cPath=21_44_219&products_id=28775
bieber fever gives me an itchy trigger finger

Offline primer

• Soldier
  • Budget-softer
    • Good Guyz
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2013, 02:01:03 AM »
My little bros in the exact same boat, the APS is pretty cheap for a full metal m4. The problem is APS's gearbox is not great by any standards.
I have a Dboy AK74 that is brand new I would be willing to let go for around $125 if you're interested.
Other than that my suggestion would be to save a bit more and go for a JG. They are the best bang for buck on the market in my opinion, the gearbox is strong and it is a great platform to perform later upgrades on.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2013, 02:07:01 AM by primer »
Leader of Team GoodGuyz a Youtube based airsoft team, That strives to capture the best airsoft games out there.
Youtube.com/user/teamgoodguyz

Tokyo Mauri P90 Custom
G&G Gr-16R4
Tokyo Mauri 1911 Custom
Dboys AK74

Offline Mongoose

• Mercenary
    • Renegade Bloc
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2013, 08:20:29 AM »
My suggestion is to check the used gun section of the forums. For your price range, you can usually find a better quality gun going for around what you are looking to spend. I have seen lightly used g&p m4s go for around 150.

Or I would suggest saving up a little more money and get a little bit better quality gun. The most frusterating thing for new players is having their weapon break within the first few uses.

Offline primer

• Soldier
  • Budget-softer
    • Good Guyz
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2013, 12:30:26 PM »
The most frusterating thing for new players is having their weapon break within the first few uses.
Haha My first time playing airsoft in years I was using a TM p90 that really needed a good greasing - after 2 shots the tappet snapped and it was out for the day. Luckily I had a Javelin M4 with me.
Leader of Team GoodGuyz a Youtube based airsoft team, That strives to capture the best airsoft games out there.

Tokyo Mauri P90 Custom
G&G Gr-16R4
Tokyo Mauri 1911 Custom
Dboys AK74

Offline CBackus

• Gunslinger
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2013, 12:44:36 PM »
He said no on used guns, I guess he wants his first to be "his own" so to speak. I'm trying to get him to save and buy something else.... He decided to have me ask about this guy http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?products_id=10896. Again, I have no experience with SRC either.
Nemo me impune lacessit

Offline primer

• Soldier
  • Budget-softer
    • Good Guyz
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2013, 01:36:27 PM »
SRC is pretty much in the same boat as AIM, Infact I think you'd be better off with AIM with its full metal body. And a PS the AK is brand new 3 rounds through it and comes with everything like you purchased it out of factory.

Tokyo Mauri P90 Custom
G&G Gr-16R4
Tokyo Mauri 1911 Custom
Dboys AK74