Author Topic: Classic Army G3 variants  (Read 5923 times)

Offline DrRockso94

• Grunt
    • A.D.L.
Re: Classic Army G3 variants
« Reply #30 on: June 17, 2010, 09:45:15 AM »
dibs
+15 to the awesomeness of this thread.
+5 to Defense against noob
-5 to spellign
Resistance to Moderation
Immune to logical thought

Offline Razor

• Fodder II
« Reply #31 on: June 19, 2010, 06:25:07 AM »
Quote from: [BSD
The one thing I tested, and want to mention, is that the King Arms G3 mids don't fit in the CA. I think its something with the front of the magwell, where the mag would latch.

I have the CA metal body kit on my MC51 and G3-SG1 and the mags were tight, too tight to use.  What I did was file off about 1mm (total) or so from the top front and back of the mags, it rubs there.  If you try to fit a mag in you'll see the rubbing area, that's where I filed.  It was trial and error but eventually it worked, not that hard just monotonous.  After filing them down they fit fine and I've had no problems fitting those same mags in a JG G3A3 or TM G3SAS. 
We come in peace....for now.

Offline shuriken

• Mercenary
« Reply #32 on: June 19, 2010, 10:11:30 AM »
I'm about to buy the CA M51 actually, do you know of any midcaps that do fit it or would you recommend filing down the KA mags as those were the ones I had picked out.

I bring the whoop a$$ fajitas.

Offline DrRockso94

• Grunt
    • A.D.L.
« Reply #33 on: June 19, 2010, 01:41:07 PM »
I've been searching this for awhile and I think I read somewhere that MAG fits in CA.  Don't quote me on that, but I'll try to produce the link.
+15 to the awesomeness of this thread.
+5 to Defense against noob
-5 to spellign
Resistance to Moderation
Immune to logical thought

Offline Razor

• Fodder II
« Reply #34 on: June 20, 2010, 09:14:15 PM »
The filing down should work fine. I got mine when they first came out and haven't had any problems with them fitting my G3 variants. I haven't noticed any effect from the lack of material. I can't say for certain about the CA series as I've only used their metal body kits and not a CA built AEG; they may fit without any modification? 

I found something on the WAA boards from back then that I posted when working on it.  The original post is missing the pics another guy took so it may sound vague.  Here's the original link:

http://www.wiairsoft.com/forums/showthread.php?5584-G3-Midcaps!!&daysprune=-1

"I just filed mine down, but haven't loaded them up or used them in a game yet (I did fit them in both my MC51 & G3 metal bodies). I ended up taking off about 1.1mm from the top front and back (total). The upside down "U" in the front top can be sanded down. Also, on the back, top, is that piece of plastic that Doc saw; that was sanded down also. If you look at Doc's pics the one where he has the KA & TM side-side facing you, the top horizontal plastic is what I sanded. When you fit them you'll see where it's rubbing, it should leave a glossy mark if you give it a swipe with sandpaper. From my modeling stuff I used the "coarse" flexipad and just sanded, fit, sanded, etc until it got to where it's tolerable. There's still a little push needed but that shouldn't be a problem; more can probably be sanded off if it's an issue. The mags have a solid "click" when inserted all the way, stayed in, and were easier to remove than insert."
We come in peace....for now.

Offline squibbby

• Fodder
« Reply #35 on: February 17, 2013, 08:11:30 PM »
Anybody interested in selling their CA G3? I'm having a real hard time trying to find one. I'd like the full-size rifle. Such as the Sar Taktik or the Sportmatch M41. (already have a souped up TM MC51