Author Topic: Classic Army G3 variants  (Read 5962 times)

Offline Ocelot

• Laying it down one handed, bitch.
  • Soldier
Re: Classic Army G3 variants
« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2010, 10:48:42 PM »
Ugh, I got KA and MAG brands mixed up.  Again.  Sorry, I had king arms magazines.

Offline Mac

• Dinki-Di!
  • Legend
  • 416 and AK WHORE
« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2010, 11:55:52 PM »
Ugh, I got KA and MAG brands mixed up.  Again.  Sorry, I had king arms magazines.

YES, you did. Those mags were TERRIBLE
I do AEG TECH WORK, experienced with V2 & V3 gearboxes, PM me for more info, or if you need something fixed.

Offline Ocelot

• Laying it down one handed, bitch.
  • Soldier
« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2010, 12:08:17 AM »
That's why when I tested it I had clean feeds on the three mags I put through it in a row, right? :P.  I think you may have gotten some red paint in them.

Offline Mac

• Dinki-Di!
  • Legend
  • 416 and AK WHORE
« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2010, 03:01:50 PM »
That's why when I tested it I had clean feeds on the three mags I put through it in a row, right? :P.  I think you may have gotten some red paint in them.

Hmm..  let me think, NO! It was the KA mags. I should have showed you @ Winter Harvest... misfed left and right, and caused the triggerswitch to get stuck and it would shoot full auto on semi. My CA and TM mags do NOT have that issue. It was the KA mags.

FYI: I painted the CA & TM mids, NOT the KA.  You can check them out for yourself.  Other than that, it's a great rifle.
I do AEG TECH WORK, experienced with V2 & V3 gearboxes, PM me for more info, or if you need something fixed.

Offline DrRockso94

• Grunt
    • A.D.L.
« Reply #19 on: June 16, 2010, 09:59:04 PM »
Okay, so I figured out most of what I needed but there are still a few questions
1) which type of G3 is the biggest
2) do the KA or MAG mags work in guns from any company?
3) if yes to 2 which companies?
4) what company is the E1 G3 DSR rebranded from?
+15 to the awesomeness of this thread.
+5 to Defense against noob
-5 to spellign
Resistance to Moderation
Immune to logical thought

Offline afunderjack

• Grunt
« Reply #20 on: June 16, 2010, 10:12:30 PM »
The G3A1 or HSG1 (same gun, different factories) are the full length G3 models.

Supposedly KA mags work with the Marui G3 but I haven't had a King Arms mag work in any gun of any type. They are pure crap.

Echo1 rebrands that JG G3. JG also makes their own G3 mid cap mags.

Offline DrRockso94

• Grunt
    • A.D.L.
« Reply #21 on: June 16, 2010, 10:23:19 PM »
alright then thanks.  Now all I need to know are the quality on JG and MAG mags work if anyone has experience, also how are the externals on the TM G3 I hear TM's are plasticy though the internals are great.
-5 to spellign
Resistance to Moderation

Offline Yoroiden

• Fear the Pig.
  • Soldier
  • Prepare to feel M60 wrath!
« Reply #22 on: June 16, 2010, 10:24:16 PM »
I had 10 of the King Arms 110-round plastic mags for my TM G3-SG1. They did require some 'breaking in' first. Had to spray a bit of silicone spray in the feed tube, then loaded and unloaded bbs (this is where lower grade .20 bbs came in handy) 4-5 times with as many bbs as they would fit to wear in the followers and spread the silicone lube around, then I left them loaded at full capacity overnight. After that procedure was done, never had a single hiccup with the KA mags.

Externally I thought they were fine for plastic mags. Never game me any trouble.

I think I paid $70 for all 10. Kinda wish I hadn't sold my G3.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2010, 10:28:58 PM by Yoroiden »
"Far better it is to dare mighty things.. than to take rank with those poor, timid spirits who know neither victory nor defeat."
Theodore Roosevelt, 1899

Elgin City River Rats
www.riverratsairsoft.com

Offline DrRockso94

• Grunt
    • A.D.L.
« Reply #23 on: June 16, 2010, 10:26:18 PM »
how was the gun itself? you wouldn't happen to have a review on it.
-5 to spellign
Resistance to Moderation

Offline Yoroiden

• Fear the Pig.
  • Soldier
« Reply #24 on: June 16, 2010, 10:33:08 PM »
Don't have a review, but I can touch on some points.

TM internals are fine. Only upgrade I'd consider right out of the box are metal bushings, and that's just for peace of mind. Run in stock configuration on an 8.4v like all Marui aegs are made for, probably won't even need the metal bushings.

Hopup was quite nice. Much better than the M4/M16 style. Using .25s I could easily shoot past 150 ft.

As to the externals, yeah, largely abs, like nearly all Marui aegs. It is a better quality plastic than what is found on JGs. You can always get a metal receiver in the future too. I didn't feel mine needed one though. Do note that the cocking handle is not strong enough to do the "HK Slap" repeatedly (none of the airsoft G3s are). If you don't know what that is, don't worry, you shouldn't use it with an airsoft gun anyway.
"Far better it is to dare mighty things.. than to take rank with those poor, timid spirits who know neither victory nor defeat."
Theodore Roosevelt, 1899

Elgin City River Rats
www.riverratsairsoft.com

Offline DrRockso94

• Grunt
    • A.D.L.
« Reply #25 on: June 16, 2010, 10:45:09 PM »
Alright thanks, I've squeezed out all of the info I need.  I guess that this will be my first TM.  I'll get the KA's and bust them in.  I really hope these TM's are as good as everyone claims ;)  Now I just have to con my dad into getting me this for my birthday in 3 weeks :D
-5 to spellign
Resistance to Moderation

Offline Yoroiden

• Fear the Pig.
  • Soldier
« Reply #26 on: June 16, 2010, 11:01:35 PM »
Do note that the stock fps is usually around 280-290 w/ .20 bbs, due to Japanese airsoft laws. That said Marui has some of the best stock hopup units available, so it evens out fairly well.
Theodore Roosevelt, 1899

Elgin City River Rats
www.riverratsairsoft.com

Offline afunderjack

• Grunt
« Reply #27 on: June 16, 2010, 11:02:22 PM »
Before you buy a TM I would look at the G&G FS 51. Not quite a full length G3 but its a killer deal for $270.

Offline DrRockso94

• Grunt
    • A.D.L.
« Reply #28 on: June 16, 2010, 11:13:13 PM »
For how much they both cost already I don't mind the $30 difference.  I have heard mixed replies on upgrading TM springs.  Should I toss in a 110 or 100?
-5 to spellign
Resistance to Moderation

Offline Fireflak

• Soldier
  • Walk By Faith
« Reply #29 on: June 17, 2010, 08:04:42 AM »
Yoroiden and Dr Rocks, I have a TM G3 SG1 that I would love to sell. Yoroiden if you wish you hadn't sold yours, buy mine. ;)

And Dr Rocks, if you've decided on a TM G3 SG1 then this would be just what you're looing for... whistle:)

It has some decent internal upgrades. 2 metal hicaps. one battery. pm for more details.

Oh and I'll give you a scope with it too. :D
« Last Edit: June 17, 2010, 08:12:32 AM by Fireflak »
I've been ashamed. I've been put down.
Head in my hands, my life on the ground.
Left heaven to save
Liars and thieves,
Sinners like me. Your blood sets us free.
But who am I?
That You would remember me.