Author Topic: KJ Works / Tanio Koba M4A1 GBBR  (Read 9052 times)

Offline Ocelot

• Laying it down one handed, bitch.
  • Soldier
Re: KJ Works / Tanio Koba M4A1 GBBR
« Reply #60 on: April 20, 2010, 10:13:36 PM »
To my knowledge, WE mags are fully capable of being slid into a RS shell.

+1 for WE :D

Yup, mags are all that any other GBBR has over these guys.  Getting stanags to work in these is nearly impossible until someone produces them.

Offline Gh0stRaven

• 303rd SAG
« Reply #61 on: April 30, 2010, 08:51:16 AM »
You do know that Thermold mags are still STANAG mags?
STANAG-4179 does not determine the shape, size or capacity of the mag; it only determines the ammo a magazine holds; in this case is a 5.56mm NATO.
A Beta C, box mag and a drum mag are all STANAG mags. That's just being annal.

How do the RET (buffer tubes) attach to the lower receiver?
If they do screw into the lower, and it can take AEG tubes, then why would it not be able to take real stocks? AEG stocks are very close to milspec stocks. IF the RET screws in and the threads are the same pitch and size as a real tube, you could buy a RS stock set and put it on the GBBR.

Even if the voices in my head aren't realů they have some really good ideas

Offline shuriken

• Mercenary
« Reply #62 on: April 30, 2010, 08:54:09 AM »
The Buffer Tube does screw onto the lower reciever but the threads are more narrow and more tightly spaced than RS components. I'm attempting to use the KJW buffer tube and mount a RS full stock on that, it should work I'm just waiting on the stock to show up.

I bring the whoop a$$ fajitas.

Offline Ocelot

• Laying it down one handed, bitch.
  • Soldier
« Reply #63 on: April 30, 2010, 11:16:43 AM »
You do know that Thermold mags are still STANAG mags?
STANAG-4179 does not determine the shape, size or capacity of the mag; it only determines the ammo a magazine holds; in this case is a 5.56mm NATO.
A Beta C, box mag and a drum mag are all STANAG mags. That's just being annal.

Great to know!  Thanks for pointing that out.  I was just blurting out the term I heard over at Arnies, so thanks!

The buffer tube is thinner than that of a RS buffer (and by this, I mean the copper inner tube that the "buffer" sits around.  So there needs some work to be done to mount any full stocks over the buffer.