Author Topic: KJ Works / Tanio Koba M4A1 GBBR  (Read 9845 times)

Offline Ocelot

• Laying it down one handed, bitch.
  • Soldier
Re: KJ Works / Tanio Koba M4A1 GBBR
« Reply #45 on: April 11, 2010, 08:57:30 PM »
The worst anyone has gotten their kjw into so far was either breaking the tabs on the reciever since it fell over while open, and the detent pin breaking out after 20,000 rounds.  After the break though, it still fired like normal, it was just hard to close, lol. But the $15 bolt carrier extension solves that issue from happening in the first place, putting the recoil impact on the upper reciever instead.

Offline The Boondock Saint

• Veritas Aequitas and all that jazz
  • Soldier
« Reply #46 on: April 12, 2010, 09:25:01 PM »
This is how Foxhound does KJW M4's.

With the 203 is Shruiken's, and mine is the plane jane M4.

Playstation Network ID - Bleaumaglite

Offline shuriken

• Mercenary
« Reply #47 on: April 12, 2010, 10:36:40 PM »
I'm in serious need of a m16a1 stock for this gun. I'm hearing that RS stocks don't work, and my AEG full stock didn't fit either and the collapsible stock needs to go.

Oh, as for the picture^ KJW m4 with the cradle airsoft o ring piston, velocity reducer, bolt carrier extension, and a m16 length tightbore with the front end from my old m16 on it.

I bring the whoop a$$ fajitas.

Offline Aiden

• Soldier
  • ( ̄へ ̄)
« Reply #48 on: April 15, 2010, 08:10:07 AM »
So...Shuriken...are the thermold mags growing on you?

That's probably the only thing keeping me away from the KJW M4

Offline shuriken

• Mercenary
« Reply #49 on: April 15, 2010, 08:27:02 AM »
I'm putting up with them for right now as I've been way more concerned with getting the m16 transformation going. Up in the picture Boondock posted you can see the M16 front end on there, with a m16 length tightbore, 3 prong VN flash hider and the 203 and heatshield.

I'm really concerned with putting a full stock on it, but the buffer tube is a crappy design and you can't replace it with AEG or RS stocks. You can use any AEG or RS stock that fits on a buffer tube, but I'm working on a way to modify my fullstock to fit and mount over the buffer tube.

After that, I'm gunna pick up a RS upper with a fixed carry handle and mount that on.

As for the thermold mags, I'm gunna toss some duct tape around the grooves for BOTW3 so it'll look more period acurate. It's not hugely noticible if you just want a m4 i'd say get it, the mags arn't a big deal, but I'm converting this carbine into a m16a1, it makes it more difficult.

Offline Ocelot

• Laying it down one handed, bitch.
  • Soldier
« Reply #50 on: April 15, 2010, 12:58:16 PM »
Aiden- this summer I'm trying to figure out if I can make these guys thin enough to just drop into an RS shell, and then have normal Stanag mags.  If the mags are all that are holding you back, even T_Hum on arnies is working on getting someone to produce his line of Stanags, so it won't even be an issue soon.

Offline Aiden

• Soldier
  • ( ̄へ ̄)
« Reply #51 on: April 15, 2010, 01:18:10 PM »
Well, first I'll see exactly how much money I have to work with, then I'll make the final decision which one I get. Then I'll get it over with in one fell swoop.

I was really tempted by the gen 3 WE CQBR, still am.

Offline The Boondock Saint

• Veritas Aequitas and all that jazz
  • Soldier
« Reply #52 on: April 15, 2010, 01:23:02 PM »
Ew, WE. Aiden you should know better :P

Sell the PTW, buy KJW GBBR :D

Playstation Network ID - Bleaumaglite

Offline Aiden

• Soldier
  • ( ̄へ ̄)
« Reply #53 on: April 15, 2010, 01:34:41 PM »
I aim to keep the PTW AND get a GBBR. :D

Then maybe sell the one I like less to fund my Kimber.

I was this ___ close to buying an Inokatsu GBBR that went on sale on the gasguns forums, but if I had bought it, I wouldn't be able to repair my PTW for another week.

But damnit Tackleberry still hasn't restocked his parts, and this money is burning a big hole in my pocket.

ARCLIGHT

« Reply #54 on: April 18, 2010, 01:00:48 AM »
BE NICE There's a very happy WE owner here! whistle:)

Why can't a RS stock fit on that buffer tube? you could just cut a section for the slide section.But then how do you attach it? HMMMMM!

As for the mags can't you KJW guys slide the mag inners out and into a RS shell?
« Last Edit: April 18, 2010, 01:03:41 AM by ARCLIGHT »

Offline shuriken

• Mercenary
« Reply #55 on: April 18, 2010, 02:40:40 AM »
The guys on Arnies said it won't take a RS stock, but after seeing how they thought the whole 4 pieces in the hop up unit were complicated, I'm starting to doubt them.

That, and I spent the day butchering an AEG fullstock trying to cut it to fit, it's not happening. I'm ordering a RS full stock, and since the  buffer tube mounting on the receiver is different, I'm drilling a small hole in the back of the stock tube and putting a nut in there that the back of the RS stock will screw into.

Offline Aiden

• Soldier
  • ( ̄へ ̄)
« Reply #56 on: April 18, 2010, 06:04:08 PM »
Yea, he doesn't have a problem with anything that requires a buffer tube.

It's the full stock that he's having trouble with.

ARCLIGHT

« Reply #57 on: April 18, 2010, 09:12:40 PM »
Don't order a new stock give me a day to find my RS stock I have and see if you can mod it to slide on first,free is worth waiting for

Just be nice to WE owners,were special!LOL!

Offline Aiden

• Soldier
  • ( ̄へ ̄)
« Reply #58 on: April 18, 2010, 09:18:36 PM »
To my knowledge, WE mags are fully capable of being slid into a RS shell.

+1 for WE :D

Offline shuriken

• Mercenary
« Reply #59 on: April 20, 2010, 08:16:51 PM »
Arc, you're the best hands down. I was right about to buy one.

I've got a pretty solid idea for mounting the RS stock. Since the buffer tube on the kjw is incompatible with RS buffers, I plan on drilling a small hole in the cap of the buffer tube and putting a nut on the inside and getting a shorter bolt to go through the upper stock screw to mount into the nut through the cap on the buffer. So pretty much, all I need is the actual stock  and not the rest of the assembly.

Mounting an AEG full stock is pretty much impossible since rear of the lower body is so different between GBBR's +RS vs AEGS.