Author Topic: KJ Works / Tanio Koba M4A1 GBBR  (Read 9596 times)

Offline ShortRound

• He no nuts, he's crazy!
  • Soldier
  • .:SU17:.
Re: KJ Works / Tanio Koba M4A1 GBBR
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2010, 05:46:19 PM »
Just out of curiosity what is the attraction to GBB m4's? they seem to be getting really popular lately.

Gas Blow Back
30 round mags

Offline nesbitt

• Grunt
  • Headcrab user
« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2010, 06:22:25 PM »
Maybe its just me but sometimes it seems like the cons outweigh the pros a little bit, but Ive never used one personally so.
PORKCHOP SANDWICH!

Offline The Boondock Saint

• Veritas Aequitas and all that jazz
  • Soldier
« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2010, 06:24:01 PM »
Maybe its just me but sometimes it seems like the cons outweigh the pros a little bit, but Ive never used one personally so.

Most of the cons depend on what system you are looking at. WE, WA, Inokatsu, or the newer KJW.

Playstation Network ID - Bleaumaglite

Offline ShortRound

• He no nuts, he's crazy!
  • Soldier
  • .:SU17:.
« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2010, 07:36:51 PM »
GBBR are the new line for airsoft.

it's the crazy right now

Offline shuriken

• Mercenary
« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2010, 07:38:28 PM »
Honestly, after shooting that rifle, every AEG I've ever touched has been put to shame and the idea of getting a PTW is gone forever. The whole system is simplified ten fold from an AEG and it mimics an actual rifle's internals.

The body and the grip are slimmed down to the size of a RS rifle and it feels a thousand times better. I was hooked and hadn't even fired it yet.

I shouldered this guy for the first time and it felt right. I'm not sure how else to explain it, but I sighted in a target about 75-100 feet away and hit it dead center on the first shot. The recoil really surprised me, I thought it would be some watered down little push but it cracks back and man is it loud.

However, the 2 cons that are keeping my money in my pocket on this one;
1) Thermold mags, d-i-s-g-u-s-t-i-n-g, it gives it that tacti-cool magpul rifle of the future look, it really should have Standard mags for it, but none are released yet.
2) No fixed carry handle model, I love my M16, it's my baby and I'd never trade it in for a M4. So in the meantime I sit and think about transplanting my heatshield and m203 onto a GBBR M16. Until then, I'm sticking with my AEG until they release more models.

I bring the whoop a$$ fajitas.

Offline nesbitt

• Grunt
  • Headcrab user
« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2010, 07:52:03 PM »
Im all for the realism factor, and I guess im not sold yet because I haven't used one before, but what about using gas in cold temperatures? doesn't that render most gas guns useless?

I also agree with the Mag issue, If i ever got one, I would go straight for the VN m16 look.  And If i ever trusted a company with making a GBB m4 it would have to be KJW.   I will say these INOKATSU m4's look mighty nice too.
PORKCHOP SANDWICH!

Offline shuriken

• Mercenary
« Reply #21 on: March 24, 2010, 08:28:10 PM »
Honestly, I really think its one of the "You have to use one" things. When Ocelot first told me he wanted to get the KJW I thought it was a huge waste of money. Now I'm sold on it as soon as they get some variety.

I bring the whoop a$$ fajitas.

Offline nesbitt

• Grunt
  • Headcrab user
« Reply #22 on: March 24, 2010, 08:58:15 PM »
Well next time Im at a game I might have to steal it :D
PORKCHOP SANDWICH!

• Soldier
« Reply #23 on: March 24, 2010, 09:04:02 PM »
Well next time Im at a game I might have to steal it :D

If you are gonna be at Pablo, that can be arranged :D

ARCLIGHT

« Reply #24 on: March 24, 2010, 09:54:25 PM »
man you guys are really lame sometimes,like everything else in airsoft you have to make it yourself,
you want a full carry handle,buy a rs upper and put it on,you don't want thremal mags,get some RS and mod them.I mean seriously how long have you guys been doing this?

you can't get more realistic then this,anyone that fires one of these and isn't automatically hooked should just stay with the AEGs and hi caps(General statement,not directed at any one person)

http://www.redwolfairsoft.com/redwolf/airsoft/Gas_Pistols_SMGs_Bomber_Bomber_Custom_Gas_Blowback_M733_Limited_Edition.htm

http://www.redwolfairsoft.com/redwolf/airsoft/Gas_Pistols_SMGs_Bomber_Bomber_M16A2_with_M203_Limited_Edition.htm

http://www.redwolfairsoft.com/redwolf/airsoft/Gas_Pistols_SMGs_RedWolf_Custom_Guns_RWC_GWS_Custom_Bomber_XM177E1_Limited_Edition.htm

And for the love of God will you please stop calling it a rifle!Carbine,it's a carbine!

This is the second step to getting airsoft back to where it should be,MIL based,I can understand that people think someone like myself is crazy for running a 30(sometimes 50) rnd mag,I can even understand the old A S S argument that a BB isn't consistent like a bullet,but when you put in a decent barrel and take into consideration that the engagements are much closer then real battle then I'll go for the 30 rnder.

Just think how much better a fire fight is when you have to out shoot your enemy,and your enemy has the same load as you,over you having 30/50 rnds to them having 450.

I'm with Ocelot and SR on this one,GBBRs FTW(PTWs for a back up!LOL!)
« Last Edit: March 24, 2010, 11:59:25 PM by ARCLIGHT »

Offline Mac

• Dinki-Di!
  • Legend
  • 416 and AK WHORE
« Reply #25 on: March 24, 2010, 10:08:10 PM »
LOL! Nice little rant there ARC! You tell 'em :P
I do AEG TECH WORK, experienced with V2 & V3 gearboxes, PM me for more info, or if you need something fixed.

ARCLIGHT

« Reply #26 on: March 24, 2010, 11:45:53 PM »
Sorry,just getting tired of opinions and "where I would put my money" comments,I'm just getting cranky again from being cooped up and broke.LOL!

But in all seriousness ,MOD them up and make them work for ya! I can't wait to see and hear it preform Saturday,really the only reason I'm going to HP3,I've had 2 WE's now I'd like to see how this compares!
« Last Edit: March 24, 2010, 11:47:26 PM by ARCLIGHT »

• Soldier
« Reply #27 on: March 25, 2010, 01:04:10 AM »
I'm sorry for being lame Arc :P

Although, for the KJW there is a group of people starting to manufacture STANAG mags for the KJW system. Raised capacity to 50 rounds and a bigger gas reservoir.

ARCLIGHT

« Reply #28 on: March 25, 2010, 01:29:41 AM »
No your cool,I'm just cranky,I need some time in the woods,CPX was too much of a let down

Seeing these and 99% of the other GBBRs are set up to take RS stuff,a RS upper should fit perfect.
I'll let you guys know in a few weeks after my A1 upper and WE CQBR get here.

Offline Ocelot

• Laying it down one handed, bitch.
  • Soldier
« Reply #29 on: March 26, 2010, 08:20:43 PM »
And people were getting out all 30 rounds in 17 degree weather, with enough gas to bolt lock about 10 times after.  So, I'm not nervous about the cold :P.

Pros: 30 rounds, real blow back, and no electric whine!
Cons: Player haters. ;)